Video marketing should be a big part of your content marketing strategy in 2020.
The visual aspect of video makes it the most popular format for storytelling and advertising and the most effective as we as humans find it more engaging and more memorable.
An emotive video can convert into action in a similar way that chocolate at a shop counter checkout does.
There are many different ways to maximise a good video marketing campaign from storytelling to vlogs (video blogs), interviews, presentations, adverts, product videos, customer testimonials and more.
Platforms such as Facebook have been prioritising video content for some time now and most other platforms are following this trend.
Still not convinced?
Here are some key video marketing statistics that may sway you…
- Video as a business marketing tool increased from 63% to 81% in 2019. (Hubspot)
- It is forecast that by 2020 online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic which is 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
- YouTube is second only to Google as the most popular website on the internet. (Alexa)
- According to Insivia up to 95% of the message is retained when viewing video as opposed to only 10% when reading text.
- This year there will be almost 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second. (Cisco)
- 65% of YouTube users view videos to learn how to do something, e.g. home improvements, medical issue, marketing tips. (Google)
- HubSpot reports that social media posts with video have 48% more views.
- Over 1.9 billion people use YouTube which is about one-third of the internet. (YouTube)
- Over 8 billion videos are viewed per day on Facebook. (TechCrunch)
- Videos are shared on social media platform up to 1200% more than text and images combined. (Wordstream)
Video marketing statistics
A website is 53 times more likely to reach the front page of Google if it includes video. (Insivia)
Organic search traffic can increase up to 157% when a website page includes video. (Conversion XL)
Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store. (Hubspot)
On average, people spend 2.6x more time on pages with video than without. (Wistia)
64% of consumers will make a purchase after watching branded videos on social platforms. (Tubular Insights)
So, now that we’ve shown some pretty convincing video marketing statistics let’s summarise some best practice tips.
Our Video Tips blog covers some key pointers for creating a successful campaign.
A few key takeaways to bear in mind:
Videos under two minutes long get the most engagement. (Wistia)
85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound, while 60% of Instagram Stories are watched with the sound on, so captions will guarantee you a lot more views. (Instagram)
33% of viewers will stop watching a video after 30 seconds, 45% by one minute, and 60% by two minutes. (Ad Age)
In 2020 video marketing is going to be bigger than ever.
Chat to us about how we can help develop a content marketing strategy that includes video.