From 2-4 May 2019 the Bigger Than Me team will be attending SDG Global Festival of Action.
The overall aim of the festival is to gather SDG campaigners and stakeholders and inspire them to take action and to further our collective aim to achieve Sustainable Development Goals.
Over 1,500 participants from across a range of sectors, specialisms and regions will provide an unparalleled opportunity for international collaboration on the SDGs.
“The Festival provides a dynamic and interactive space to showcase the latest innovations, tools and approaches to SDG advocacy and SDG action. It brings together leaders from governments, local authorities, international organizations, civil society, activists, young advocates, the creative industry and the private sector– to scale up the impact of their work and strategize joint actions, whilst motivating new organizations and individuals to join the movement and take action for the SDGs.”
2019 Global Festival of Action Festival Theme
There are seven interconnected themes to this year’s event, all of which resonate strongly with Bigger Than Me.
- Mobilization: Approaches, tools and effective models employed to mobilize individuals, organizations or networks to act for the SDGs
- Storytelling: Capturing and communicating powerful human stories to demonstrate and share the importance, impact and interconnectedness of the SDGs to people’s lives through different mediums
- Campaigning: Creating, developing or leading impactful communications campaigns (local/national/international) to raise awareness about the SDGs and/or people’s voices and role in SDG action
- Visualization: Harnessing data and applying visual approaches to transform complex concepts into digestible messages in order to tell powerful stories to convince decision-makers and the public of the importance of the SDGs
- Connections: Innovative or impactful ways to engage multiple stakeholders or building networks to generate the transformational change needed to make the SDGs a reality
- Inclusion: Leave No One Behind – Tangible and effective approaches to ensure that excluded groups become part of the SDG dialogue and decision making in their community or at international levels
- Creativity: Harnessing artistic expression to spur SDG action and awareness through creativity, empowering and connecting people
CEO, Greg Viljoen, says “We are a Creative Social Change Agency.
“We care about the planet, about the people on it and about the organisations and brands that take responsibility to do good, whether it is humanitarian based or ecologically based.
Our job is to amplify and get maximum impact out of do-good stories to motivate and inspire more people, more communities and more leaders to make the world a better place.
The SDG Global Festival of Action is the perfect platform for our team to learn, share ideas, be inspired and gain a global insight into the future of sustainability.”